As women business owners, setting out on a course to build your business to match the dream in your minds eye, takes courage, tenacity and determination.
It comes with many pitfalls and potholes along the way though, as your fears try to bring you down or worse yet, take you out of the game altogether!
That little voice of doubt… (you know the one)
- Do I know enough?
- Am I smart enough?
- Do I have the right people in place to succeed?
- What if…??
- What if…??
- What if…??
But as you persevere, nothing is more rewarding than watching your vision come to life!
For all of you who have put your heart and soul into your work in service of others, here is a collection of quotes just for you, to help you find your way through those dark moments of self doubt.
1. “Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything – all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure – these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.” ~ Steve Jobs
2. “Try a thing you haven’t done three times. Once, to get over the fear of doing it. Twice, to learn how to do it. And a third time to figure out whether you like it or not.” ~ Virgil Thomson
3. “Fear is only as deep as the mind allows.” ~ Japanese Proverb
4. “I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.” ~ Frank Herbert
5. “Everything you want is on the other side of fear.” ~ Jack Canfield
6. “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” ~ Robert F. Kennedy
7. “Fear is a habit, so is self-pity, defeat, anxiety, despair, hopelessness and resignation. You can eliminate all of these negative habits with two simple resolves,” I can! and I will!” ~ Unknown
8. “Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.” ~ Napoleon Hill
9. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” ~ Les Brown
10. “Procrastination is the fear of success. People procrastinate because they are afraid of the success that they know will result if they move ahead now. Because success is heavy, carries a responsibility with it, it is much easier to procrastinate and live on the ‘someday I’ll’ philosophy.” ~ Denis Waitley
11. “You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind.” ~ Dale Carnegie
12. “Do not let your fears choose your destiny.” ~ Unknown
13. “Forget about the consequences of failure. Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.” ~ Denis Waitley
14. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up” ~Thomas Edison
15. “I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.” ~ George Burns
16. “If you’re not failing every now and again, it’s a sign you’re not doing anything very innovative” ~ Woody Allen
17. “Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.” ~ Denis Waitley
18. “One who fears failure limits his activities. Failure is only the opportunity to more intelligently begin again.” – Henry Ford “Most people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure.” ~ Napoleon Hill
19. “Success is often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” ~ Coco Chanel
20. “Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.” ~ George Edward Woodberry
21. “Forget about the consequences of failure. Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.” ~ Denis Waitley
22. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” ~ Confucius
23. “Failure happens all the time. It happens every day in practice. What makes you better is how you react to it.” ~ Mia Hamm
24. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” ~ Dale Carnegie
25. “We learn wisdom from failure much more than success. We often discover what we will do, by finding out what we will not do.” ~ Samuel Smiles
26. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” ~ Winston Churchill
27. “One who fears failure limits his activities. Failure is only the opportunity to more intelligently begin again.” ~ Henry Ford
28. “When you take risks you learn that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important.” ~ Ellen DeGeneres
29. “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” ~ Winston Churchill
30. “What is the point of being alive if you don’t at least try to do something remarkable?” ~ John Green
31. “I have accepted fear as a part of life – specifically the fear of change … I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says: turn back.” ~ Erica Jong
32. “To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your path, and don’t worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest.” ~ Unknown
33. “To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram ourselves. We must persistently and convincingly tell ourselves that the fear is here–with its gift of energy and heightened awareness–so we can do our best and learn the most in the new situation.” ~ Peter Williams
34. “Start a huge, foolish project like Noah. It makes absolutely no difference what people think of you.” ~ Rumi
35. “Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.” ~ Ambrose Redmoon
36. “Mistakes are the portals of discovery.” ~ James Joyce
37. “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Remember: Learning and growth happens at the edge of your comfort zone. Keep stretching as you soar to new heights!
“When you look your fear straight in the eye, all you will see is your own reflection staring back, as the “fear” dissipates into the nothingness that it really is.” ~ Michele Molitor
What fears are holding you back?
I’d love to know.
To your success!
Michele Molitor, CPCC, PCC, RTT
Your Executive Confidence Coach & Rapid Rewire Expert
As the founder and CEO of Nectar Consulting, Inc., Michele works with executives and entrepreneurs worldwide bringing over 25 years of experience, intuitive insights and strategic business savvy to your success.
Her unique inside-out approach is a culmination of years of study and practice in the realms of emotional intelligence, neuroscience, physics, psychology, sales, marketing and spiritual teachings to help catalyze shifts in your thinking, eliminate mental/emotional blocks and rewire your brain for greater confidence and success. All to enhance your capacity as a leader, build high performing teams and exponentially increase bottom line results. www.NectarConsulting.com
Enjoy her latest training: